The Connection Practice® –
A Solution to Disconnection
“All it takes is one look at today’s headlines and it’s easy to see our world is facing a crisis of disconnection.”
– Rita Marie Johnson
As you observe modern life, do you see a tendency to disconnect from our inner lives and from each other? Do you get the sense that life is unnecessarily hurried, stress-filled and aggressive? That too many of us often choose destructive strategies — addictions, isolation and antisocial behaviors — to handle the challenges we face?
Thankfully, there is a new source of hope: The Connection Practice offers an antidote to disconnection for those willing to learn and use it. Not a magic wand, but an easy-to-use, simple-to-learn practice with a demonstrated ability to melt away pain and enrich lives.
The Connection Practice teaches a skill that unites your empathy and insight for accelerated growth. Empathy is attained through a conscious connection to feelings and needs, and insight is accessed through heart-brain coherence. The synergy in this partnership maximizes your social and emotional intelligence, builds resilience, and enhances performance.
This skill has proven its value in businesses, schools, universities, non-profits, families and faith-based communities.
“If everyone practiced this it would transform our world into a sane one!” — Henry B.
“The Connection Practice is a parent survival kit.” — Mother of two young children
“Before, I sought relief in alcohol. Now real relief for me is found in this practice” — W. Brown
“Relationship with my once-angry teenager is now restored” — Jennifer H.
Scientific research shows that violent reactions can occur when we are triggered by emotional memories. The amygdala, the part of the brain that holds emotional memories, can trigger stress, fear or a fight response faster than we can think. Based on past information and situations, it can keep us trapped in negative emotional patterns that can lead to health challenges and violence. The good news is that the Connection Practice not only calms the reactions of the amygdala, but it activates your highest and best intelligence. (See “Two Studies Explain Why the Connection Practice Works.” )
Through the Connection Practice, you will learn to:
- Manage and resolve conflicts in a positive and healthy way
- Find release from worry, anger, anxiety and depression, both simply and quickly
- Achieve your highest brain function and engage your intuition
These skills translate to all areas in life, and the training works wonders for businesses, schools (from pre-school to college), nonprofits, families and spiritual communities of all faiths.
The Connection Practice consists of three activities:
- The Connection Practice – unites empathy and insight to solve daily challenges and celebrate life
- The Connection Path – a step-by-step tool for resolving difficult conflicts within yourself or with others
- Connection Mediation – an effective conflict intervention that meets the needs of all parties
To learn more about the Connection Practice:
- See this video about building connection in a disconnected world.
- Work one-to-one with a certified coach.
- Attend an in-person Connection Practice Course taught by a certified trainer.
- Participate in a webinar. (See the “Offerings” menu above.)
- If you can’t attend an in-person course or webinar, work through the Part 1 self-study course.
- After attending a Connection Practice Part 1 course, or doing equivalent work with a trainer/coach, join a Practice Group to help you master applying the skills in your life.
Rita Marie’s latest book, Completely Connected: Uniting Our Empathy and Insight for Extraordinary Results, is both a primer on the Connection Practice and the fascinating story of how she discovered this life-changing practice. Be sure to purchase your copy today!
To bring the Connection Practice to your school or business, send an email to:
or call +1.214.458.4345